It’s been a long Labor Day weekend.

When I started updating these pages and posting documentation and images on my site, I didn’t imagine the time frame involved. After spending all of my free time over a four day weekend doing a data dump (when I wasn’t getting caught following intriguing leads into research wonderland), I am beginning to realize just how much I have stashed on multiple hard drives.

My biggest problem seems to be that I don’t save low res anything. All of the old photos I have were scanned in at 900dpi. My documents convert put at megabytes per page not kilobytes. It all makes for great research tools as you can zoom in untill that lousy handwriting is semi-legible, but the download times are l-o-n-g and the display runs off the page. I can see I’ll be resizing many of these images again in the near future, but for now…I’ll just get them uploaded.

I am trying to spread the love by not concentrating on just one family. So you will be seeing things added to multiple family lines over the coming weeks…Bear with me, this is going to take a while…

Join the conversation...

%d bloggers like this: